THIS YEAR, I announced my Best Books of 2017 on WROTE Podcast first. Click HERE to listen to me talk about the list (toward the end at 53:11). I rarely get to comment on what made each book special to me–personally–in a written review, so that was a real treat*.
My top ten books of 2017, not necessarily published this year and in no particular order (click on the titles to be redirected to the buy links and my written review):
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee. YA Bisexual Historical Fantasy.
- The Magpie Lord by K. J. Charles. Gay Historical Paranormal Fantasy. (I have not written a review for this yet.)
- Root of the Spark by Michele Fogal. Trans* Bisexual+ Science Fantasy.
- Dali by E. M. Hamill. Trans* Bisexual+ Science Fiction.
- Trans Liberty Riot Brigade by L. M. Pierce. Intersex Bisexual+ Science Fiction.
- The Rearing by Andrew J. Peters. Gay Paranormal. (I have not written a review for this yet, but I should. Soon.)
- Vice City by S. A. Stovall. Gay Mystery/Thriller.
- The BJ Vinson Mysteries by Don Travis. Gay Mystery/Thriller. (Link is to City of Rocks, the third book. First book is The Zozobra Incident.)
- The Urn Carrier by Chris Convissor. Trans* Lesbian Contemporary. (I have not written a review for this yet.)
- Red: A Crayon’s Story by Michael Hall. A children’s picture book.
Happy New Year and happy reading!
Link to WROTE Podcast.
*’Gritty as fuck’ is a good thing. 😉